MOVIE MATINEE MONDAY’S are here!
Once per month on a Monday the Center will show a movie from 1:30-3:30pm
Please arrive by 1:15, movie begins promptly at 1:30
July 17th Feature Film: Beauty & the Beast
Cost is $3.00 per person which includes the movie, popcorn and a soda or water.
PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED. Call Center or stop by.
Bring a lawn chair for comfort!
Joke of the Month:
Hospital rules state that patients checking out must have a wheelchair.
One day a newly graduated nurse assistant came into the room to find an elderly man fully dressed. He was sitting on the bedside chair, with a piece of packed luggage at his side, all ready to go.
When he was shown the wheelchair, he was adamant that he was fully capable of walking himself to the parking lot.
But the assistant told him rules were rules, so he relented and let her wheel him out.
In the elevator, the assistant asked the elderly man if his wife was coming to meet him.
“I don’t think so,” he replied. “It takes her awhile to change her clothes, so she’s probably still upstairs in the bathroom taking off of her hospital gown and getting dressed.”
What’s going on this month:
- Trip: Caesar’s AC, “Magic of Motown” Show, Monday, July 10th
- Board Meeting: Tuesday, July 11th, 10:00am
- Food & Nutrition Program: “Health Benefits of Summer Fruits”, Tuesday, July 11th, 10:00am
- General Membership Meeting/BBQ Luncheon: Tuesday, July 11th, 11:00am. Pre-registration required.
- Movie Matinee Monday: “Beauty & the Beast”, Monday, July 17th, 1:30pm. Pre-registration required.
- Lunch & Learn: “Senior Scams” presented by CareBuilders at Home sponsored by Senior Directory, Thursday, July 20th, 11:30am. Pre-registration required.
- AARP Smart Driver Course, Friday, July 21st, 9:30am
- Trip: Hunterdon Hills, “The Land we Love, Tuesday, July 20th
- Trip: Mohegan Sun, Tuesday, July 25th
- Day out to Lunch: Eagle Diner, Thursday, July 29th, 12:00pm. Pre-registration required.
- For all regular activities, check out our Activities section
HELP WANTED: The Center needs Meals on Wheels drivers!!! Volunteer one day or up to five days. If you have some time in the mornings to volunteer, please contact Amanda Gershanick at 215-672-8380. We also need pick up drivers for various donated items from local merchants.
2016/2017 Capital Improvement Campaign
So most of you know by now we have received a grant from the Pennsylvania Department of Aging to make improvements to our hall and add an internet café area. The work has been completed and new programming and hours will begin in April. Look for further info in the coming months!
We hope we can count on every single member to be part of these wonderful changes by donating to the efforts. PLEASE participate in our fundraisers, donate on the web site, keep up with your membership payment, or mail a check to the Center or stop by the Center to make your donation. Every dollar counts! No amount is too small or to big!!! Make checks payable to Ben Wilson Senior Activity Center (marked CIC). Much thanks and appreciation for your support.