MARK YOUR CALENDARS!!!
Annual Spaghetti Dinner, Friday, September 14th, 5pm-8pm.
No reservations needed, just walk in.
$9 Adults, $5 Children under 10
Salad, Bread & Butter, Spaghetti, Homemade Meatballs, Ice Cream Sundae Bar!!!
Come on out and support your local Seniors! Tell your friends & family.
Food, fun, friends!
JOKE OF THE MONTH:
“Poor Old fool,” thought the well-dressed gentleman as he watched an old man fish in a puddle outside a pub. So he invited the old man inside for a drink. As they sipped their whiskeys, the gentleman thought he’d humor the old man and asked, “So how many have you caught today?”
The old man replied, “You’re the eighth.”
What’s going on this month:
- CLOSED: Monday, September 3rd….HAPPY LABOR DAY!
- Board Meeting: Wednesday, September 5th, 10:00am
- Orientation: Wednesday, September 5th, 10:30am
- General Membership Meeting: Tuesday, September 11th, 10:00am
- Nutrition Class: “10 Tips for Better Digestion”, Tuesday, September 11th, 11:00am
- Trip: Mohegan Sun Casino, Thursday, September 13th
- Bereavement Group: Thursday, September 13th, 6:00pm
- SPAGHETTI DINNER: Friday, September 14th, 5:00pm-8:00pm.
- Historical Speaker Series: Catherine Tennant Speaker, Saturday, September 15th, 1:00pm
- Monday Movie Matinee: “The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel”, Monday, September 17th, 1:00pm
- AARP Smart Driver Course: Thursday & Friday, September 20 & 21, 9:30am
- Trip: Niagara Falls, Monday September 24th – Friday September 28th
- Lunch & Learn: Wednesday, September 26th, 11:30am (Subject TBD)
- For all regular activities, check out our Activities section including Bingo every Wednesday evening!
1. The Center needs Meals on Wheels drivers!!! Volunteer one day or up to five days. If you have some time in the mornings to volunteer, please contact Amanda Gershanick at 215-672-8380. We also need pick up drivers for various donated items from local merchants.
2. Help seniors live longer, healthier lives!
The Bucks County Area Agency on Aging is looking for lay leaders to provide free educational workshops for residents with chronic medical conditions such as diabetes, arthritis, heart disease, depression, and many others. The goal of the course, My Life My Health, is to teach, support, and encourage residents to live a healthy life with a chronic condition. Instructors are expected to work together with a co-facilitator to follow a scripted curriculum, and facilitate a 2 ½ hour workshop for 6 consecutive weeks at community centers throughout Bucks County.
Qualities of a good candidate include: Good communication skills, comfortable with public speaking, self-motivated, personable, organized, understanding and desire to assist people with chronic health conditions.
Requirements: Instructors must attend 4 full days of training (April 12, 13, 19, 20, 2018 from 9:30am-3:30pm), participate in 2 practice teaching sessions, and facilitate a workshop within 12 months of completing the training to become certified.
BWSAC asks for your help….
PLEASE participate in our fundraisers, donate $, merchandise or your time, keep up with your membership payment, or mail a check to the Center or stop by the Center to make your donation. Every dollar counts! No amount is too small or to big!!! Make checks payable to Ben Wilson Senior Activity Center. Much thanks and appreciation for your support.