BWSAC has been awarded a PA Dept. of Aging State Grant for 2017-2018 in the amount of $57,697. These funds will be used to improve and upgrade the Library and Multi Purpose rooms so that we can add additional activities and accommodate more people, as well as new computers and teaching aids for the computer class and finally a digital outdoor sign.
DESIGNER BAG BINGO, May 11th, SOLD OUT!!!
MOVIE MATINEE MONDAY!! Come join us Monday, May 21st for “Blended” starring Adam Sandler & Drew Barrymore. Only $3.00 for members $4.00 non-members. Includes movie, popcorn & soda. Movie starts promptly 1:00pm. Must pre-register at the front desk.
PENNY PARTY: Come join in the fun at our first every Penny Party. Saturday June 2nd 9am-1pm. Chinese lunch available, must pre-register. $10 includes lunch and admission. Admission only $5.
CLILCK HERE for Penny Party Flyer & Information
Joke of the Month:
George and Edith had been high school sweethearts 50 years ago, but had gone their separate ways after graduation. Then, two years ago, their paths crossed again, and they began seeing each other regularly. With age 75 just around the corner, they decided life was too short, and they might as well spend the rest of their lives together. Excited about their decision to marry, they went for a stroll to discuss the wedding, and found themselves in front of a drugstore. George said, “Let’s go in. I have an idea.” Addressing the man behind the counter, George asked, “Are you the owner?” The pharmacist answered, “Yes sir, I am. How can I help you?”
George: “Do you sell heart medications?”
Pharmacist: “Of course.”
George: “How about support hose?”
George: “What about medications for rheumatism, osteoporosis and arthritis?”
Pharmacist: “All kinds.”
George: “How about waterproof furniture pads and Depends?”
Pharmacist: “Yes, sir.”
George: “Hearing aids, denture supplies and reading glasses?”
George: “What about eye drops, sleeping pills, Geritol, Preparation-H and Ex-Lax?”
George: “You sell wheelchairs, walkers and canes?”
Pharmacist: “Yes, indeed. But why all these questions?”
George smiled, glanced shyly at Edith and replied, “We’ve decided to get
married and we’re considering you for our bridal registry.”
What’s going on this month:
- Board Meeting: Tuesday, May 1st, 10am
- Doylestown Health Connection Speaker Series, Tuesday, May 1st, “Choosing a Retirement Community”, 6pm
- Orientation: Wednesday, May 2nd, 10:30am
- Trip: Hunterdon Hills, “Tapestry, A Carole King Selection”, Friday, May 4th
- General Membership Meeting: Tuesday, May 8th, 10am
- BWSAC Elections, Tuesday, May 8th, 10am-3pm
- Nutrition Class: Tuesday, May 8th, 11am
- Trip: Philly Murals, Mosaic Gardens, Chart House, Thursday, May 10th
- Designer Bag Bingo: BWSAC & Warrington Lions, Friday, May 11th, 6pm
- CLOSED, Tuesday, May 15th, ELECTION DAY
- AARP Smart Driver, Friday, May 18th, 9:30am
- Movie Matinee Monday: “Blended” Monday, April 16th, 1pm
- Trip: Tuesday, May 22nd, Mt. Airy Casino & Show, “Elvis Presley & the Jailhouse Rock”
- Bereavement Group: Thursday, May 24th, 6pm
- CLOSED, Monday, May 28th, HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY!!
- For all regular activities, check out our Activities section
1. The Center needs Meals on Wheels drivers!!! Volunteer one day or up to five days. If you have some time in the mornings to volunteer, please contact Amanda Gershanick at 215-672-8380. We also need pick up drivers for various donated items from local merchants.
2. Help seniors live longer, healthier lives!
The Bucks County Area Agency on Aging is looking for lay leaders to provide free educational workshops for residents with chronic medical conditions such as diabetes, arthritis, heart disease, depression, and many others. The goal of the course, My Life My Health, is to teach, support, and encourage residents to live a healthy life with a chronic condition. Instructors are expected to work together with a co-facilitator to follow a scripted curriculum, and facilitate a 2 ½ hour workshop for 6 consecutive weeks at community centers throughout Bucks County.
Qualities of a good candidate include: Good communication skills, comfortable with public speaking, self-motivated, personable, organized, understanding and desire to assist people with chronic health conditions.
Requirements: Instructors must attend 4 full days of training (April 12, 13, 19, 20, 2018 from 9:30am-3:30pm), participate in 2 practice teaching sessions, and facilitate a workshop within 12 months of completing the training to become certified.
BWSAC asks for your help….
PLEASE participate in our fundraisers, donate $, merchandise or your time, keep up with your membership payment, or mail a check to the Center or stop by the Center to make your donation. Every dollar counts! No amount is too small or to big!!! Make checks payable to Ben Wilson Senior Activity Center. Much thanks and appreciation for your support.