BLOOD DRIVE: Monday, December 17th, 2pm-7pm American Red Cross NEEDS your help! Blood is in demand, please support and come out to the Center to donate. You can call for appointment or drop in. 215-672-8380
JOKE OF THE MONTH:
What’s going on this month:
- Trip: Mt. Airy Casino & Show, Tuesday, December 4th
- Board Meeting: Tuesday, December 4th, 10am
- Orientation: Wednesday, December 5th, 10:30am (must pre-register)
- TaylorMarie’s Fashions: Thursday, December 6th, 9am-12pm in the Computer Room
- Holiday Luncheon, Tuesday, December 11th, 10:30am SOLD OUT!
- Trip: Koziar’s Christmas Village, Thursday, December 13th
- AARP Smart Driver Course: Thursday & Friday, December 13th & 14th, 9:30am
- MOVIE FRIDAY MATINEE: Friday, December 14th, 1pm, “The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel”
- Hair Cuts moved to Monday December 17th, 9am in the computer room.
- BLOOD DRIVE: Monday, December 17th, 2pm-7pm. Call for appointment, register on line or drop in.
- Lunch out at Bertucci’s: Tuesday, December 18th, 12pm. Pre register at front desk!
- CLOSED FOR THE HOLIDAYS! Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, December 24, 25 and 26.
- Trip: Hunterdon Hills, Mahoney Bros Christmas, Thursday, December 27th
- Trip: Doolan’s: New Year’s Eve at Noon, Monday, December 31st
- 1/2 Day New Years Eve open till 1pm, CLOSED, Tuesday, January 1st
- For all regular activities, check out our Activities section including Bingo every Wednesday evening!
1. The Center needs Meals on Wheels drivers!!! Volunteer one day or up to five days. If you have some time in the mornings to volunteer, please contact Amanda Gershanick at 215-672-8380. We also need pick up drivers for various donated items from local merchants.
2. Help seniors live longer, healthier lives!
The Bucks County Area Agency on Aging is looking for lay leaders to provide free educational workshops for residents with chronic medical conditions such as diabetes, arthritis, heart disease, depression, and many others. The goal of the course, My Life My Health, is to teach, support, and encourage residents to live a healthy life with a chronic condition. Instructors are expected to work together with a co-facilitator to follow a scripted curriculum, and facilitate a 2 ½ hour workshop for 6 consecutive weeks at community centers throughout Bucks County.
Qualities of a good candidate include: Good communication skills, comfortable with public speaking, self-motivated, personable, organized, understanding and desire to assist people with chronic health conditions.
Requirements: Instructors must attend 4 full days of training (April 12, 13, 19, 20, 2018 from 9:30am-3:30pm), participate in 2 practice teaching sessions, and facilitate a workshop within 12 months of completing the training to become certified.
BWSAC asks for your help….
PLEASE participate in our fundraisers, donate $, merchandise or your time, keep up with your membership payment, or mail a check to the Center or stop by the Center to make your donation. Every dollar counts! No amount is too small or to big!!! Make checks payable to Ben Wilson Senior Activity Center. Much thanks and appreciation for your support.