SENIOR EXPO has been rescheduled for Thursday, APRIL 19th, 2pm-4pm
SENIOR EXPO COMING APRIL 19th. Free Admission, Raffles, Food, Give-aways! Stop by and receive valuable information pertinent to senior health and wellness.
CLICK HERE for 2018 Senior Expo Flyer
MURDER MYSTERY DINNER: Friday, April 27th, 2018
CLICK HERE for Murder Mystery Flyer
MOVIE MATINEE MONDAY!! Come join us Monday, April 16th for “Mad Money” starring Diane Keaton, Queen Latifah & Katie Holmes. Only $3.00 for members $4.00 non-members. Includes movie, popcorn & soda. Movie starts promptly 1:00pm. Must pre-register at the front desk.
Quote of the Month:
What’s going on this month:
- Board Meeting: Tuesday, April 3rd, 10am
- Doylestown Health Connection Speaker Series, “Clutter Clinic”, 6pm
- General Membership Meeting: Tuesday, April 10th, 10am
- Volunteer Recognition Luncheon: Tuesday, April 10th, 10:30am
- Movie Matinee Monday: “Mad Money”, Monday, April 16th, 1pm
- Trip: Tuesday, April 17th, Mt. Airy Casino & Show, “The Duprees”
- Nutrition Class: Tuesday, April 17th, 11am
- AARP Smart Driver Course: Friday, April 20th, 9:30am
- Blood Drive: Monday, April 23rd, 2pm-7pm
- Trip: Wednesday, April 25th, Caesars & Show, “Cannoli Latkes Guilt”
- Bereavement Group: Thursday, April 26th, 6pm
- Murder Mystery Dinner Fundraiser, Friday, April 27th, 6pm-10pm
- HEALTHY STEPS: Monday, April 30th, Pre registration required
- For all regular activities, check out our Activities section
1. The Center needs Meals on Wheels drivers!!! Volunteer one day or up to five days. If you have some time in the mornings to volunteer, please contact Amanda Gershanick at 215-672-8380. We also need pick up drivers for various donated items from local merchants.
2. Help seniors live longer, healthier lives!
The Bucks County Area Agency on Aging is looking for lay leaders to provide free educational workshops for residents with chronic medical conditions such as diabetes, arthritis, heart disease, depression, and many others. The goal of the course, My Life My Health, is to teach, support, and encourage residents to live a healthy life with a chronic condition. Instructors are expected to work together with a co-facilitator to follow a scripted curriculum, and facilitate a 2 ½ hour workshop for 6 consecutive weeks at community centers throughout Bucks County.
Qualities of a good candidate include: Good communication skills, comfortable with public speaking, self-motivated, personable, organized, understanding and desire to assist people with chronic health conditions.
Requirements: Instructors must attend 4 full days of training (April 12, 13, 19, 20, 2018 from 9:30am-3:30pm), participate in 2 practice teaching sessions, and facilitate a workshop within 12 months of completing the training to become certified.
BWSAC asks for your help….
PLEASE participate in our fundraisers, donate $, merchandise or your time, keep up with your membership payment, or mail a check to the Center or stop by the Center to make your donation. Every dollar counts! No amount is too small or to big!!! Make checks payable to Ben Wilson Senior Activity Center. Much thanks and appreciation for your support.