Joke of the Month:
Married Four Times
The local news station was interviewing an 80-year-old lady because she had just gotten married for the fourth time.
The interviewer asked her questions about her life, about what it felt like to be marrying again at 80, and then about her new husband’s occupation.. “He’s a funeral director,” she answered. “Interesting,” the newsman thought… He then asked her if she wouldn’t mind telling him a little about her first three husbands and what they did for a living.
She paused for a few moments, needing time to reflect on all those years. After a short time, a smile came to her face and she answered proudly, explaining that she had first married a banker when she was in her 20’s, then a circus ringmaster when in her 40’s, and a preacher when in her 60’s, and now – in her 80’s – a funeral director.
The interviewer looked at her, quite astonished, and asked why she had married four men with such diverse careers.
(Wait for it…)
– She smiled and explained, “I married one for the money, two for the show, three to get ready, and four to go.”
What’s going on this month:
- PENNY PARTY: Saturday, June 2nd, 9am-1pm
- Board Meeting: Tuesday, June 5th, 10am
- Doylestown Health Connection Speaker Series, Tuesday, June 5th: Trip to Pine Run for Tour
- Senior Games Trivia: Thursday, June 7th, 9:30am
- Trip: Hunterdon Hill, “The Mahoney Brothers”, Thursday, June 7th
- General Membership Meeting: Tuesday, June 12th, 10am SPEAKER: Attorney General on Fraud & Scams
- Cheesesteak Day: Thursday, June 14th, Must preregister.
- AARP 2 Day Smart Driver Course: Thursday & Friday, June 14th & 15th
- Movie Matinee: Monday, June 18th, Movie TBD, 1pm
- Nutrition Class: Tuesday, June 19th, 11am
- A Day out to Lunch: Mikes Bar & Grill, Tuesday, June 19th, 12pm, Must preregister.
- PRODUCE VOUCHER DISTRIBUTION BEGINS: Friday, June 22nd. Every Friday only between 10am-12pm
- Trip: Mackinac Island, Michigan, Monday June 18h – Sunday, June 24th
- Bereavement Group: Thursday, June 28th, 6pm
- For all regular activities, check out our Activities section
1. The Center needs Meals on Wheels drivers!!! Volunteer one day or up to five days. If you have some time in the mornings to volunteer, please contact Amanda Gershanick at 215-672-8380. We also need pick up drivers for various donated items from local merchants.
2. Help seniors live longer, healthier lives!
The Bucks County Area Agency on Aging is looking for lay leaders to provide free educational workshops for residents with chronic medical conditions such as diabetes, arthritis, heart disease, depression, and many others. The goal of the course, My Life My Health, is to teach, support, and encourage residents to live a healthy life with a chronic condition. Instructors are expected to work together with a co-facilitator to follow a scripted curriculum, and facilitate a 2 ½ hour workshop for 6 consecutive weeks at community centers throughout Bucks County.
Qualities of a good candidate include: Good communication skills, comfortable with public speaking, self-motivated, personable, organized, understanding and desire to assist people with chronic health conditions.
Requirements: Instructors must attend 4 full days of training (April 12, 13, 19, 20, 2018 from 9:30am-3:30pm), participate in 2 practice teaching sessions, and facilitate a workshop within 12 months of completing the training to become certified.
BWSAC asks for your help….
PLEASE participate in our fundraisers, donate $, merchandise or your time, keep up with your membership payment, or mail a check to the Center or stop by the Center to make your donation. Every dollar counts! No amount is too small or to big!!! Make checks payable to Ben Wilson Senior Activity Center. Much thanks and appreciation for your support.