MARK YOUR CALENDARS!
HOLIDAY CRAFT FAIR…….FRIDAY NOVEMBER 30th 5-8pm & SATURDAY DECEMBER 1st 9am-1pm
Lots of vendors with great gifts for the holidays. Food available for purchase. Please come out and support this great BWSAC event!
JOKE OF THE MONTH:
What’s going on this month:
- CLOSED: Tuesday, November 6th….ELECTION DAY!
- Trip: Thursday, November 1st, Careme’s Restaurant & Resorts
- Board Meeting: Wednesday, November 7th, 10am
- Orientation: Wednesday, November 7th, 11am
- HISTORICAL SPEAKER SERIES: Saturday, November 10th, 1pm, Tammy Schane, “The Meanings Behind 19th Century Tombstone Symbols”
- FASHION SHOW: Sunday, November 11th, 11am
- CLOSED: Monday, November 12th…VETERAN’S DAY!
- General Membership Meeting: Tuesday, November 13th, 10am
- AARP Apprise Open Enrollment, Thursday, November 15th, 10am-1pm, Call for Appoinment
- MOVIE MONDAY MATINEE: Monday, November 19th, 1pm, “The Book Club”
- Nutrition Class: Tuesday, November 20th, 11am
- CLOSED FOR THANKSGIVING: 1/2 Day Wednesday, November 21st, All Day Thursday & Friday, November 22nd & 23rd, HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!!!
- HOLIDAY CRAFT FAIR, Friday, November 30th, 5pm-8pm and Saturday, December 1st, 9am-1pm. Great Vendors & Gifts!
- For all regular activities, check out our Activities section including Bingo every Wednesday evening!
1. The Center needs Meals on Wheels drivers!!! Volunteer one day or up to five days. If you have some time in the mornings to volunteer, please contact Amanda Gershanick at 215-672-8380. We also need pick up drivers for various donated items from local merchants.
2. Help seniors live longer, healthier lives!
The Bucks County Area Agency on Aging is looking for lay leaders to provide free educational workshops for residents with chronic medical conditions such as diabetes, arthritis, heart disease, depression, and many others. The goal of the course, My Life My Health, is to teach, support, and encourage residents to live a healthy life with a chronic condition. Instructors are expected to work together with a co-facilitator to follow a scripted curriculum, and facilitate a 2 ½ hour workshop for 6 consecutive weeks at community centers throughout Bucks County.
Qualities of a good candidate include: Good communication skills, comfortable with public speaking, self-motivated, personable, organized, understanding and desire to assist people with chronic health conditions.
Requirements: Instructors must attend 4 full days of training (April 12, 13, 19, 20, 2018 from 9:30am-3:30pm), participate in 2 practice teaching sessions, and facilitate a workshop within 12 months of completing the training to become certified.
BWSAC asks for your help….
PLEASE participate in our fundraisers, donate $, merchandise or your time, keep up with your membership payment, or mail a check to the Center or stop by the Center to make your donation. Every dollar counts! No amount is too small or to big!!! Make checks payable to Ben Wilson Senior Activity Center. Much thanks and appreciation for your support.