Joke of the Month:
Listen To Your Doctor
Morris, an 82 year-old man, went to the doctor to get a physical. A few days later the doctor saw Morris walking down the street with a gorgeous young woman on his arm.
A couple of days later the doctor spoke to Morris and said, “You’re really doing great, aren’t you?”
Morris replied, “Just doing what you said, Doc: ‘Get a hot mamma and be cheerful.'”
The doctor said, “I didn’t say that. I said, ‘You’ve got a heart murmur. Be careful.'”..ooh!
What’s going on this month:
- CLOSED: Wednesday, July 4th. HAPPY 4th of JULY!!!
- PRODUCE VOUCHER DISTRIBUTION: Every Friday only between 10am-12pm
- Board Meeting, Tuesday, July 3rd, 10am
- Red, White & Blue Luncheon: Tuesday, July 10th, Doors open 10:30am
- Trip: Point Pleasant Beach, Jenkinson’s Aquarium, Lunch at the Shrimp Box & Cruise on the River Queen, Thursday, July 12th
- AARP Smart Driver course: Friday, July 13th, 9:30am
- Nutrition Class: Tuesday, July 17th, 11am
- Trip: Dover Downs, Wednesday & Thursday, July 18 & 19
- BP Checks: EMT Students from Bucks County, Monday, July 23rd, 9:15am-11:15am
- Trip: Smithville, Tuesday, July 24th
- Bereavement Group Meeting: Thursday, July 26th, 6pm
- A Day out to Lunch: Bertucci’s, Tuesday, July 31st, 12pm – Must preregister
- For all regular activities, check out our Activities section
1. The Center needs Meals on Wheels drivers!!! Volunteer one day or up to five days. If you have some time in the mornings to volunteer, please contact Amanda Gershanick at 215-672-8380. We also need pick up drivers for various donated items from local merchants.
2. Help seniors live longer, healthier lives!
The Bucks County Area Agency on Aging is looking for lay leaders to provide free educational workshops for residents with chronic medical conditions such as diabetes, arthritis, heart disease, depression, and many others. The goal of the course, My Life My Health, is to teach, support, and encourage residents to live a healthy life with a chronic condition. Instructors are expected to work together with a co-facilitator to follow a scripted curriculum, and facilitate a 2 ½ hour workshop for 6 consecutive weeks at community centers throughout Bucks County.
Qualities of a good candidate include: Good communication skills, comfortable with public speaking, self-motivated, personable, organized, understanding and desire to assist people with chronic health conditions.
Requirements: Instructors must attend 4 full days of training (April 12, 13, 19, 20, 2018 from 9:30am-3:30pm), participate in 2 practice teaching sessions, and facilitate a workshop within 12 months of completing the training to become certified.
BWSAC asks for your help….
PLEASE participate in our fundraisers, donate $, merchandise or your time, keep up with your membership payment, or mail a check to the Center or stop by the Center to make your donation. Every dollar counts! No amount is too small or to big!!! Make checks payable to Ben Wilson Senior Activity Center. Much thanks and appreciation for your support.