Doylestown Health Connections & BWSAC team up for Staying Healthy for Retirement Speaker Series!
Next Topic: Memory Workshop, Is it Forgetfulness or Alzheimer’s?
Tuesday, September 5th, 6pm at the BWSAC, Pre-registration required.
CLICK HERE for Memory Workshop Flyer
CLICK BELOW to register:
Spaghetti Dinner is coming! Be sure to come yourself and tell all your family and friends. Its great food, fun and really helps the Senior Center out! It is Friday, September 15th from 5pm-8pm. $9.00 Adults & $5.00 Children. No reservations necessary just stop in. We have tables for 2 up to 18. Bring a group! Raffle baskets, Ice Cream Bar, and delicious homemade meatballs.
Fall Community Flea Market September 23rd. Contact Jerry Weslosky at the Center for further info or to register.
CLICK HERE for Flea Market Day Flyer
CLICK HERE for Flea Market Day Reservation Form
Holiday Craft Fair December 1st and 2nd. Contact Jackie Tamaro at the Center for further info or to register.
CLICK HERE for Holiday Craft Fair Flyer
CLICK HERE for Holiday Craft Fair Reservation Form
Wedding Expo February 18th. Contact Amanda Gershanick or Mary Bell at the Center for further info or to register.
CLICK HERE for Wedding Expo Flyer
CLICK HERE for Wedding Expo Contract
MOVIE MATINEE MONDAY IS TEMPORARILY postponed. If we are going to bring it back, we will repost on our web site and our Facebook site. If you have any questions, please call the Center and ask for Karen.
Joke of the Month:
A woman on the phone to her friend; I feel like my body has gotten totally out of shape, so I got my doctor’s permission to join a fitness club and start exercising…. I decided to take an aerobics class for seniors. I bent, twisted, gyrated, jumped up and down, and perspired for an hour. But, by the time I got my leotards on, the class was over.
What’s going on this month:
- Board Meeting: Tuesday, August 1st, 10:00am
- Bereavement Group Meeting: Tuesday, August 1st, 7pm
- AARP Smart Driver Course, Friday, August 4th, 9:30am
- General Membership Meeting: Tuesday, August 8th, 10:00am
- Food & Nutrition Program: “Health Benefits of Cooking with Herbs”, Tuesday, August 8th, 11:00am
- Trivia Fun: Wednesday, August 9th, 10:00am
- Trip: National Constitution Center & Chart House, Monday, August 14th
- AARP Smart Driver Course, Friday, August 18th, 9:30am
- Trip: Sands Casino, Wednesday, August 23rd
- Day out to Lunch: Ruby Tuesday, Thursday, August 24th, 12:00pm. Pre-registration required.
- BLOOD DRIVE: Monday, August 28th, 2pm-7pm. Pre-register by calling or just drop in!
- End of Summer BBQ: Wednesday, August 30th, 10:30am. Games, trivia. Must pre-register.
- For all regular activities, check out our Activities section
HELP WANTED: The Center needs Meals on Wheels drivers!!! Volunteer one day or up to five days. If you have some time in the mornings to volunteer, please contact Amanda Gershanick at 215-672-8380. We also need pick up drivers for various donated items from local merchants.
2016/2017 Capital Improvement Campaign
So most of you know by now we have received a grant from the Pennsylvania Department of Aging to make improvements to our hall and add an internet café area. The work has been completed and new programming and hours will begin in April. Look for further info in the coming months!
We hope we can count on every single member to be part of these wonderful changes by donating to the efforts. PLEASE participate in our fundraisers, donate on the web site, keep up with your membership payment, or mail a check to the Center or stop by the Center to make your donation. Every dollar counts! No amount is too small or to big!!! Make checks payable to Ben Wilson Senior Activity Center (marked CIC). Much thanks and appreciation for your support.