ANNUAL BWSAC Fashion Show at Ann’s Choice. Sunday, November 3rd, 11am. Be sure to join us again this year for fantastic food, friends, fashions, crafts, raffle baskets and fun.
CLICK HERE FOR FLYER
WANTED: Vendors for Holiday Craft Fair, Saturday, December 7th. Call Jackie T. at Center for info. 215-672-8380 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
NEW YEAR’S EVE PARTY: Tuesday, December 31, 2019, 12pm-4pm.
Bring in the New Year with great FOOD, FUN & FRIENDS!!!
Click Here for NYE Flyer and Info
What’s going on this month:
- Board Meeting: Tuesday, October 1st, 10:00am
- Orientation: Wednesday, October 2nd, 10:30am
- Flu Shots: Thursday, October 3rd, 9:30-11:30 by appt only, 11:30-noon walk ins
- General Membership Meeting: Tuesday, October 8th, 10am
- Speaker: GMM, Tuesday, October 8th, 10:30am, Apprise Counselor
- CLOSED: Monday, October 14th
- Trivia: Tuesday, October 15th, 10am, The Landing of Southampton, Light Refreshments, Sign up in advance
Click Here for Flyer Trivia The Landing of Southampton
- Lunch & Learn: Amada Senior Care, “Dementia vs. Alzheimer’s, 11:30am. Sign up in advance.
Click Here for Flyer Lunch & Learn Amada Senior Care
- AARP Smart Driver: Friday, October 18th, 9:30am
- Trip: Friday, 10/18, Hunterdon Hills,”Presley, Perkins, Lewis and Cash”
- Monday Movie Matinee: “The Lion King”, October 21st, 1:00pm
- Trip: Dover Downs, Wed & Thurs, 10/23 & 10/24
- Memory Café: Monday, October 28th, 10am, “Artz Philly” Project
- Theme Lunch: Halloween, Wed, October 30th, 11:45am
Click Here for Flyer Halloween Theme Lunch
- Fall Meet & Greet with Del Val College, Wed, October 30th, 1pm. Refreshments and sign up in advance.
Click Here for Flyer Del Val Fall Meet & Greet
- Medicare Open Enrollment Event, Thursday, October 31st. 10am-1pm. Pre register at front desk.
- For all regular activities, check out our activities section!!
JOKE OF THE MONTH:
An elderly gent was invited to his old friends’ home for dinner one evening. He was impressed by the way his buddy preceded every request to his with endearing terms-Honey, My Love, Darling, Sweetheart, Pumpkin, etc.
The couple had been married almost 70 years, and clearly they were still very much in love. While the wife was in the kitchen, the man leaned over and said to his host, “I think it’s wonderful that, after all these years, you still call your wife those loving pet names.”
The old man hung his head. “I have to tell you the truth,” he said, “I forgot her name about 10 years ago.”
The Center is in desperate need of a volunteer handyman. We are looking for someone with a background in construction or handyman type work. If you or someone you know might be interested, please contact our Director, Karen Forster. Thanks!
BWSAC asks for your help….
PLEASE participate in our fundraisers, donate $, merchandise or your time, keep up with your membership payment, or mail a check to the Center or stop by the Center to make your donation. Every dollar counts! No amount is too small or to big!!! Make checks payable to Ben Wilson Senior Activity Center. Much thanks and appreciation for your support.
BWSAC and it’s projects, activities and programs are funded in part by the County Commissioners, through the BCAAA and the PA Department of Aging.