Due to the spread of COVID-19 in Pennsylvania and surrounding communities, the Ben Wilson Senior Activity Center will be temporarily CLOSED effective, Monday, March 16th. If you are in need of meals or other services, please contact the Area Agency on Aging at 267-880-5700.
NOTICE: BWSAC CLOSURE INFORMATION
The Ben Wilson Senior Activity Center will be closed beginning Monday, March 16th. The decision was made based on the information surrounding the Coronavirus. Hopefully the Center will reopen in a few weeks, but that decision will be made as we see how the situation progresses. ALL activities, events and March rentals only have either been cancelled or postponed. All information will be posted on our web site at www.bwsac.org and on our Ben Wilson Senior Activity Center Facebook page. Also, you can call the Center at 215-672-8380 and if we are closed, the answering machine will relay that information. The Center will continue to distribute Meals on Wheels to the community. Thank you for your patience during this unusual time and please remember to stay safe and follow the CDC guidelines for cleanliness.
DESIGNER BAG BINGO: Friday, March 27th, 6pm. Call Center for further info or tickets. SOLD OUT!! THIS EVENT HAS BEEN POSTPONED. A new date will be determined once the Center re-opens. Thank you for your patience.
CLICK HERE for Flyer
SR. EXPO SCHEDULED FOR THURSDAY, APRIL 2ND HAS BEEN POSTPONED and rescheduled for Thursday, June 11th. ALL VENDORS WILL BE CONTACTED WITH FURTHER INFORMATION.
SAVE THE DATE: Saturday, May 9th, Arts & Barks Fest & Car Show
Click Here for Sponsor/Vendor Brochure
CLICK HERE for Sponsor/Vendor Brochure Part 2
DRIVERS WANTED…Is your New Year’s Resolution to Volunteer more in the Community?
Drivers needed for MEALS ON WHEELS in Warminster. Week day mornings only. Flexible with hours & days. Gas & mileage reimbursed. Drivers also needed for pick up of baked goods & bread. Call the Center and ask for Amanda for pick up times, locations, etc.
CHESS CLUB looking for players! All levels welcome. We have all levels of chess on Monday evenings from 6pm-9pm and Intermediate/Advance on Wednesdays 9am-Noon. Please stop by and give it a try. We have an on site chess class leader to help you learn the game or improve your game.
What’s going on this month:
- Board Meeting: Tuesday, March 3rd, 10:00am
- Orientation: Wednesday, March 4th, 10:30am
- General Membership Meeting: Tuesday, March 10th, 10:00am
- Guest Speaker, Tuesday, March 10th, 10:30am, Southeastern Home Health & Hospice Services
- Senator Collett, Thursday, March 12th, 9:30am-11:30am
- Trip: Thursday, March 12th, Hunterdon Hills
- AARP Smart Driver, Friday, March 13th, 9:30am
- Monday Movie Matinee, March 16th, 1pm, “POMS” (POSTPONED)
- Lunch & Learn, Wednesday, March 18th, 11:30am, ADT Personal Emergency Response Systems (POSTPONED)
- Trip: Caesar’s AC, “Yesterday Once More”, Wednesday, March 18th
- Speaker, “Drones & Reconnaissance Spy Aircraft”, Thursday, March 19th, 9:30am (POSTPONED)
- Memory Café: “Chair Exercises with Arden Courts”, Monday,
March 23rd, 10am (POSTPONED)
- Theme Lunch: “Mediterraean”, Wednesday, March 25th (POSTPONED)
- Designer Bag Bingo, Friday, March 27th, 6pm (POSTPONED)
- Voting Machine Demo: Tuesday, March 31st, 10am-1pm
- For all regular activities, check out our activities section!!
JOKE OF THE MONTH:
DOOR TO DOOR SALESMAN
A vacuum cleaner salesman knocked on a door in a Senior community. It was opened by an old lady in a bathrobe.
“Go away,” said the old lady. “I haven’t got any money! I’m flat broke!” and she proceeded to close the door.
Quick as a flash, the young man wedged his foot in the door and pushed it wide open. “Don’t be too hasty, my dear lady!” he said. “Not until you have at least seen my amazing demonstration.”
And with that, he emptied a bucket of horse manure onto her hallway carpet. “If this wonderful Kirby vacuum cleaner doesn’t remove all traces of this horse manure from your carpet, madam, I will personally eat the remainder of it.”
The old Lady stepped back and said, “Well, I sure hope you’ve got a good appetite sonny because they cut off my electricity this morning.”
Drivers for Meals on Wheels and Donation Pick Ups. Kitchen volunteer needed Wednesday mornings 8am-1:30pm. Call Amanda Gershanick at the Center for further info.
BWSAC asks for your help….
PLEASE participate in our fundraisers, donate $, merchandise or your time, keep up with your membership payment, or mail a check to the Center or stop by the Center to make your donation. Every dollar counts! No amount is too small or to big!!! Make checks payable to Ben Wilson Senior Activity Center. Much thanks and appreciation for your support.
BWSAC and it’s projects, activities and programs are funded in part by the County Commissioners, through the BCAAA and the PA Department of Aging.