DESIGNER BAG BINGO: Friday, March 27th, 6pm. Call Center for further info or tickets.
CLICK HERE for Flyer
SR. EXPO VENDOR SPACE SOLD OUT!
SAVE THE DATE: Saturday, May 9th, Arts & Barks Fest & Car Show
Click Here for Sponsor/Vendor Brochure
CLICK HERE for Sponsor/Vendor Brochure Part 2
VOTE!!!! Our very own Carol Davis in the Travel Club has been nominated as a volunteer of the year for Bucks Happening. We have provided a link below to vote. PLEASE vote and spread the word.
DRIVERS WANTED…Is your New Year’s Resolution to Volunteer more in the Community?
Drivers needed for MEALS ON WHEELS in Warminster. Week day mornings only. Flexible with hours & days. Gas & mileage reimbursed. Drivers also needed for pick up of baked goods & bread. Call the Center and ask for Amanda for pick up times, locations, etc.
CHESS CLUB looking for players! All levels welcome. We have beginner chess on Monday’s 9am-Noon and Intermediate/Advance on Wednesdays 9am-Noon. Please stop by and give it a try. We have an on site chess class leader to help you learn the game or improve your game.
Watercolor Art Class coming in March!! Starting Tuesday, March 3rd, 9:30am. Stop by front desk to register. $1 fee to members, $2 fee to non-members.
What’s going on this month:
- TRIP: NCL Western Caribbean Cruise, Sunday 2/3 to Sunday 2/16
- Board Meeting: Tuesday, February 4th, 10:00am
- Orientation: Wednesday, February 5th, 10:30am
- General Membership Meeting: Tuesday, February 11th, 10:00am
- Food & Nutrition Class: Tuesday, February 11th, 11:15am
- Hearts & Crafts, FREE: Tuesday, February 11th, 9am-11am, Sign up at Front Desk. Paint your own Valentine Mason Jar & Flower Arrangements.
- Lunch & Learn: Wednesday, February 12th, Inspire Federal Credit Union, “What are the benefits of using a credit union?”
- CLOSED Monday, February 17th
- AARP Smart Driver Class: Friday, February 21st, 9:30am
- Memory Café: “Create your own Collage”, Monday, Feb. 24th, 10am
- Theme Lunch: Pizza Palooza, Wednesday, Feb 26th, 11:30am
- For all regular activities, check out our activities section!!
JOKE OF THE MONTH:
“A Little Poem for Seniors”
Another year has passed and we are all a little older.
Last summer felt hotter & winter seems much colder.
There was a time not long ago when life was quite a blast.
Now I fully understand about “Living in the Past”.
We used to go to weddings, football games, and lunches.
Now we go to funeral homes & after-funeral brunches.
We use to go out dining, and couldn’t get our fill.
Now we ask for doggie bags, come home and take a pill.
We use to often travel to places near and far.
Now we get sore asses from riding in the car.
We use to go to nightclubs and drink a little booze.
Now we stay home at night and watch the evening news.
That my friend is how life is, and now my tale is told.
So enjoy each day and live it up!
Before you’re too damned old!
(Poem provided by a BWSAC member)
Drivers for Meals on Wheels and Donation Pick Ups. Kitchen volunteer needed Wednesday mornings 8am-1:30pm. Call Amanda Gershanick at the Center for further info.
BWSAC asks for your help….
PLEASE participate in our fundraisers, donate $, merchandise or your time, keep up with your membership payment, or mail a check to the Center or stop by the Center to make your donation. Every dollar counts! No amount is too small or to big!!! Make checks payable to Ben Wilson Senior Activity Center. Much thanks and appreciation for your support.
BWSAC and it’s projects, activities and programs are funded in part by the County Commissioners, through the BCAAA and the PA Department of Aging.